O’Fallon IL events are held in St. Clair County near St. Louis
Thursday, April 21 at noon is the deadline to appear on next week’s “Around Town” list. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the number of submissions, events can only be run once in print, will be edited and appear within a week of the event date.
Email: [email protected] Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, PO Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. For questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Thursday April 21
▪ National Alliance on Mental Illness of Southwestern Illinois (NAMI SWI) – 7-8:30 p.m. Online via Zoom. Virtual support meetings for family members and other caregivers of people with mental illness. Meetings are peer-led and draw on the knowledge and experiences of the group to help each other. Registration is required to receive the link to these meetings. For more information or to register, contact Pat Rudloff at [email protected]
From Thursday 21 April to Saturday 23 April
▪ SWIC Plant Sale — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. all three days. College of Southwestern Illinois, Belleville Campus, 2500 Carlyle Avenue, Belleville. The sale will take place in the greenhouse, located on the southeast corner of campus behind the baseball diamonds. SWIC’s horticulture program sells aquatic and vegetable plants, tropical plants, perennials, annuals, and herbs grown by SWIC students at reasonable prices during the winter. Cash or check only. Face masks and social distancing recommended. 618-235-2700 ext. 5135 or [email protected]
friday april 22
▪ Shiloh Eagles Fish Fry – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Shiloh Eagles 545, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Cod, Walleye, Catfish, Shrimp and Accompaniments. Whole menu. Possibility to dine in or take away. For take out, call 618-624-5412. facebook.com/shiloheagles545
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 EUS 50, O’Fallon. Traditional menu of cod, hamburgers, hot dogs, pork steaks and several sides. Dine in and take away. Credit cards accepted. Orders can be called at 618-632-6229 or facebook.com/KnightsOfColumbus4239
Friday April 22 and Saturday April 23
▪ Saint-Louis Symphony Orchestra: Prokofiev’s Fifth Symphony — 10:30 a.m. on Friday April 22 and 8 p.m. on Saturday April 23. Powell Hall, 718 N. Grand Blvd., St. Louis. Conductor Kirill Karabits brings a touch of light and exuberance to his SLSO debut. Alberto Ginastera’s Harp Concerto features SLSO’s Allegra Lilly as a mystic, virtuoso and dancer. “Nagillar” by Azerbaijani composer Franghiz Ali-Zadeh sparkles with the energy of a well-told tale. Sergei Prokofiev’s Symphony No. 5 was written in times of war, but leaves us optimistic about the future of humanity. 314-534-1700 or slso.org.
sunday april 24
▪ Family Concert: SoundLab Live — 3 p.m. Powell Hall, 718 N. Grand Blvd., St. Louis. Doors open at 2 p.m. Take part in a musical scavenger hunt featuring musicians from the St. Louis Youth Symphony Orchestra and have your photo taken on the green screen directing the SLSO. Step into the SoundLab with your SLSO to hear and see music through sound waves, discover how sound travels great distances, and explore how our favorite tunes keep us connected with the music of Mozart, Brahms, and Beethoven. 314-534-1700 or slso.org.
Monday April 25
▪ “Marriage and Annulment in the Catholic Church: Facts and Myths”—6:30 p.m. Monday, April 25. St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church, 1411 Cross Street, O’Fallon. Matthew Flynn, Director of Adult Faith Education and Mission, will discuss the Catholic Church’s definition of marriage and the difference between a divorce and an annulment. Good for all ages, those hoping to get married one day. Understands what is involved in the process of annulment in the Catholic Church and how it can bring great healing. All are invited. 618-632-3562.
▪ Brian Owens: Complete Gamer – Tribute to Bob Gibson — 7 p.m. Hettenhausen Center for the Arts, 400 N. Alton St., Lebanon. Complete Gamer is a celebration of Cardinals legend and Hall of Fame baseball pitcher Bob Gibson. This multimedia experience features original music performed by Brian Owens and musicians from Life Creative Group, a creative arts company dedicated to sharing the talent and stories of the St. Louis area globally. 618-537-6863 or mckendree.edu/the_hett.
Wednesday April 27
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 a.m. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. 618-210-8156 or ofallonsunriserotary.org.
▪ The Sheldon presents Mark Sparks, flute, with Peter Henderson, piano — 8 p.m. (Postponed from February 2). The Sheldon Concert Hall, 3648 Washington Blvd., St. Louis. Mark Sparks, recently retired principal flute of the Saint-Louis Symphony Orchestra, performs the first Sonata for flute and piano by Bohuslav Martinu, and the Sonata in A minor by Robert Schumann, originally for violin and piano, arranged by Sparks for flute and piano. Other works include “Romanze” by Richard Strauss, “Rondo” by Franz Doppler for two flutes and piano, and a new work by Mizzou composer Robyne Sieh for flute and piano, performed by Peter Henderson and student Isabella Saldaña. of Sparks of O’ Fallon, Illinois and a member of the St. Louis Symphony Youth Orchestra. For tickets and information: thesheldon.org.
From Thursday 28 April to Monday 2 May
▪ Friends of O’Fallon Public Library Book Sale — Thursday, April 28, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday, April 29, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 30, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, May 1 and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday, May 2. O’Fallon Public Library, 120 Civic Plaza, O’Fallon. Books, books and more books in all genres. Plus audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, puzzles, games, sundries and friendly people. FREE ENTRANCE. Sponsored by Friends of the O’Fallon Public Library. ofpl.info/booksale
Other events in the region
▪ 25th Annual Stooges Tour – Saturday May 7th. McKendree University, Melvin Price Convocation Center, 701 College Road, Lebanon. Check-in begins at 5:30 a.m. for long-distance runners. All runners must finish before 4 p.m. Register before May 1 for a chance to win a case of Schlafly beer. For details and registration: www.tourdestooges.org.
▪ O’Fallon Township Seniors Committee Dinner and Entertainment — 5:30 p.m. Thursday, May 19. Tickets available at the Township office for $3 each. Residents of O’Fallon Township only.
▪ Injury Free Running Clinic — 5:30 p.m. the last Wednesday of each month through December. HSHS St. Elizabeth Ambulatory Therapy Clinic, 209 Rec Plex Drive, O’Fallon. The clinic helps current runners and those who want to start running safely and improve their performance. Free and open to the public. Space is limited. Registration is mandatory. hshs.org/StElizabeths/Events/Community/Injury-Free-Running-Clinic-2022
This story was originally published April 11, 2022 00:00.