SoundScaper “experimental sound laboratory” is available for iPad
While there will likely always be a market for the fast and fun iOS music making apps, we’re also seeing plenty of deeper and more complex versions coming to the market. Take iMusicAlbum’s SoundScaper, “an experimental mini-sound lab for creating unusual soundscapes, atmospheric textures, drones, glitches and noises based on circuit bending ideas.”
This offers three sample-based oscillators that you can mix and filter (a selection of samples is included and you can import your own as well). These are based on 8-bit lo-fi sound read chip schematics and have circuit bending type controls. There are also three LFOs to control filter and mixer parameters.
SoundScaper offers Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatibility, although at least a third-generation iPad is recommended if you want to use either standard. It is available now on the Apple App Store priced at Â£ 4.49 / $ 5.99.
Features of iMusicAlbum SoundScaper
- Three sample-based oscillators with circuit bending type controls.
- Three LP, HP, BP filters and a two-range delay for each oscillator.
- Spatial / reverb mixer with side and distance for each sound source.
- Three low frequency oscillators for the automation mixer and filters.
- Possibility of randomly generating parameters for each oscillator.
- Integrated library of natural samples grouped by categories.
- Scenes to store and load all operating parameters.
- Ability to download additional samples in different audio formats.
- Download samples via web access, audio clipboard, from another application and iTunes.
- Different color schemes available for the user interface.
- Detailed description of the application.
- Supports Audiobus with “State Saving” function.
- Cross-application audio compatible.